Katie Price pleads guilty to drink driving whilst disqualified after car crash

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Katie Price has pleaded guilty to drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance following a crash near her home in Sussex on Tuesday.

The 43-year old was was informed in court that her sentencing has now been postponed until December 15 to allow her to undergo treatment at The Priory rehab facility and also to speak with the probation service.

Katie was told by the chair of bench Julie Hutton that she was free to go but was warned against driving during this time.

The former glamour model had been arrested on Tuesday 28 September on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crash in West Sussex, near her home. She was then taken to hospital by ambulance.

Sussex Police confirmed she was being charged as they released a statement on Wednesday 29 September, which explained: "Katie Price, 43, of Worthing Road, Horsham, was charged with using a motor vehicle on a public place without third party insurance and driving whilst disqualified.

"She was remanded in custody and will appear at Crawley Remand Court on Wednesday (September 29)."

Now, the former glamour model has been seen at court wearing a pink jumper. She styled her blonde mane down around her face for the occasion.

Katie pleaded guilty to drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance following the car crash.

The glamour model is understood to be banned from driving and wasn't due to get her licence back until the end of the year.

At the time of the accident, a Sussex Police spokeswoman told OK!: "Police responded to reports of a single-vehicle collision on the B2135 near Partridge Green around 6.20am on Tuesday (September 28).

“A woman was arrested on suspicion of driving while above the legal limit for alcohol and drugs, and has been taken to hospital to be checked over.

“The road was blocked temporarily while recovery of the vehicle was arranged.”

The TV personality's family have been gathering around her in support following the news of her car crash.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Taking to her Instagram feed, the family released a statement to her 2.6million followers, explaining how "worried" they are for her.

"This message has been written by Kate's family," the message began. "As a family, we have for some time been concerned about Kate's wellbeing and overall mental health."

"Today, our worst fears nearly came true. As a family, we have been and will continue to help Kate get the help she needs."

Katie Price

  • Peter Andre and Katie Price pen hear…
  • Katie Price scolds Carl Woods after …
  • Katie Price shares sweet snap of dau…
  • Katie Price's sister Sophie shares a…

The public post continued to say that the 43 year old's family hope she will now seek the "necessary treatment" to get the help she needs, and that they are looking forward to the star returning to the "mother, daughter and sister" they all know.

"We hope that she will realise that she cannot battle her issues alone," the statement went on. "We would kindly ask that the media and wider public give Kate the time and space she needs to seek the necessary treatment, so that she can hopefully return to the Kate we know and love as a mother, daughter and sister."

Katie's family finished their statement by sharing more of their concerns for the star, and hope she will continue her "path privately moving forward".

For all your updates on Katie Price, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.

Source: Read Full Article