Peloton DELETES ad starring Chris Noth as Mr Big

Now Peloton DELETES viral ad starring Chris Noth as Mr Big from social media in wake of bombshell allegations of sexual assault… after Ryan Reynolds made clip in record time

  • Peloton and Ryan Reynolds have deleted its ad starring Chris Noth as Mr Big
  • Move comes hours after Noth was accused of sexual assault by two women
  • The SATC actor has denied the claims,  calling them ‘consensual encounters’ 
  • Noth teamed up with Peloton for a commercial after his exit from SATC reboot
  • However, all traces of the ad have now been deleted on Peloton’s social media 
  • ‘Every single sexual assault accusation must be taken seriously,’ Peloton said in a statement to DailyMail.com 
  • ‘We were unaware of these allegations when we featured Chris Noth in our response to HBO’s reboot’ 
  • ‘As we seek to learn more, we have stopped promoting this video and archived related social posts’ 
  • Peloton CEO John Foley was also confronted by fans on Twitter about the ad

Peloton has deleted its viral commercial starring Chris Noth as Mr. Big from its social media pages, after bombshell allegations of sexual assault were made against the actor on Thursday.  

Noth, 67, has denied the claims of two anonymous women that have both come forward to The Hollywood Reporter – one of whom claims she needed stitches after an alleged 2004 assault in his apartment when he was 49 and she was just 22.  

The claims have surfaced days after Noth teamed up with Peloton, to cash in on his character’s controversial death while riding a Peloton bike in the Sex and the City reboot And Just Like That.

In statement, Peloton told DailyMail.com on Thursday: ‘Every single sexual assault accusation must be taken seriously. We were unaware of these allegations when we featured Chris Noth in our response to HBO’s reboot. As we seek to learn more, we have stopped promoting this video and archived related social posts.’ 

The commercial was produced by movie star Ryan Reynold’s marketing company Maximum Effort, with the actor also providing his voiceover duties. Reynolds has now deleted it from his social media pages.  

It was pulled together in a record-setting time of just 36 hours.  

Now Peloton DELETES viral ad starring Chris Noth as Mr Big from social media in wake of bombshell allegations of sexual assault… after Ryan Reynolds made clip in record time 

No longer available: A link to the original post by Peloton is no longer showing up on its Instagram 

Jess King, senior fitness instructor at Peloton, also deleted the ad from her account.

Some angry fans also rushed to social media and requested that the advert should now be pulled. 

‘And now Chris Noth has been accused of sexually assaulting two women. losers all of you, delete this,’ one angry fan tweeted at Peloton’s official Twitter account.  

Another user tweeted at Peloton, asking: ‘So now you are using an accused rapist Chris Noth in your ads ? That’s what happens when you put hype before integrity. Maybe don’t take 24 hours to plan your ads next time?’ 

Co-founder and CEO of Peloton John Foley was also directly tweeted at, with the question: ‘Are you sorry for hiring Chris Noth ? Don’t hire sexual predators to be in your ads.’

‘Please give as much attention to these two women and their story about Chris Noth as you gave to the Peloton jokes,’ survivor Abby Honold tweeted at THR’s account.

Hitting out: Many took to social media to call out Peloton following the claims of sexual assault against Noth who starred in the ad 

Honold added: ‘And don’t forget that coming forward about sexual assault does NOT mean that you get showered with money, fame, or compliments. It’s brutal, painful, and scary.’

Another tweet said: ‘So should peloton just pack it up and call it a day? Not a great look with the Chris Noth accusations coming out now.’

DailyMail.com has reached out to reps for Peloton, who have so far been unavailable for comment. 

Both of the women, who used the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31, claim that Noth had sex with them from behind in front of a mirror, with the first attack allegedly taking place in 2004, while the second reportedly occurred in 2015, three years after Noth married his wife, Tara Wilson, with whom he has two children.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Noth, who has two sons with his wife Wilson – Keats and Orion – admitted that he had ‘consensual encounters’ with the two women, but he strongly denied any accusations that he assaulted them.

‘The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,’ the statement reads.

‘These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual.

‘It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.’

Claims: Co-founder and CEO of Peloton John Foley was also directly tweeted at with a tweet accusing Noth of being an alleged sexual predator 

And Just Like That: The actor teamed up with the company to cash in on the viral moment from the show 

The two women both also allege that the attacks took place in one of Noth’s homes – the first in his Los Angeles apartment and the second in his New York City property – after the actor invited them over. 

The first, Zoe, said she visited the actor’s home in West Hollywood to return a book that he had lent her, while the second stated that she went back to Noth’s apartment in Greenwich Village after a date, when he invited her to sample ‘his collection of whiskeys’. 

Both women claim that the recent publicity surrounding the Sex and the City reboot – And Just Like That – ‘triggered’ their memories of their encounters with Noth, who has featured heavily in the news in the past week as a result of the shock death of his character, Mr Big, in the first episode of the new series. 

Zoe says she first met Noth while working ‘in an entry-level position at a high-profile firm where Noth and other celebrities regularly had business’. She claims that the actor began flirting with her in the office, before he began leaving messages on her voicemail – which her boss alerted her to.  

Both women told THR that the recent publicity surrounding the release of the Sex and the City sequel And Just Like That prompted them to come forward with their claims 

Noth has featured heavily in the press in the past week after his character, Mr. Big, died of a heart attack in a shocking twist in the first episode of the new reboot 

She claims that she was raped by Noth in his West Hollywood apartment in 2004 when she was just 22 and he was 49 – alleging that the actor invited her into his home to return a book that he had lent her, before ‘raping her from behind’ while they were ‘facing a mirror’.  

She also claimed that the actor ‘laughed at her’ when she asked him to use a condom – and that she was left bleeding after the assault, and had to go to the hospital to get stitches.  

‘It was very painful and I yelled out, “Stop!”‘ she told THR. ‘And he didn’t. I said, “Can you at least get a condom?” and he laughed at me.’  

After the alleged assault, she says she returned to a friend’s apartment, which was located in the same building as Noth’s home, and tried to wash the blood out of her shirt, before being urged by her friends to go to Cedars-Sinai hospital, where she told workers that she had been assaulted.  

‘I had stitches. Two police officers came. I wouldn’t say who it was,’ she says, claiming that she feared she would ‘not be believed’ and could ‘be fired’ if she publicly accused Noth of rape.  

Although Zoe has not previously accused Noth of assault or rape, she did speak to several people about the attack – including her boss at the time, who told THR that Zoe phoned her after the alleged rape and told her Noth had attacked her. 

Speaking to the outlet, Zoe’s now-former boss said that her ex-employee sounded ‘upset’ and was ‘in shock’ during the phone call while relaying details of the ‘horrible’ incident, however she says Zoe insisted that she not tell anyone about it. 

‘I was 25 at the time. It was a lot. I didn’t know what to do,’ the unnamed woman said. 

Noth’s second accuser, Lily, told a similar story to THR, alleging that the actor raped her in his home after they struck up a flirty relationship while she was working as a server at former New York nightclub No.8 in 2015, when she was 25. 

At the time, Noth – who was then 60 years old – had been married to his wife for three years and the couple had one child together, Orion, who was born in 2008. They have since had a second son, Keats, born in 2020.  

The second woman – Lily – claims that the alleged attack took place in Noth’s Greenwich Village apartment (building pictured) after they met while she was working as a server in a club

Lily says she was working as a server in the VIP section of New York nightclub No. 8 (pictured), which has since closed, when Noth ‘hit on her’ in 2015 

Describing herself as a long-time fan of the actor, Lily says she was ‘truly star-struck’ when he began ‘hitting on her’. 

‘He was hitting on me, for sure. I was flattered. I knew he was married, which is shameful of me to admit,’ she said.  

According to Lily, Noth asked for her number and later asked her out for dinner; they arranged to meet at Italian restaurant Il Cantinori – which featured in an episode of the original Sex and the City series.  

However, by the time the pair met at the eatery, the kitchen had closed, so Lily says they ‘had wine at the bar’ and discussed Noth’s lack of interest in appearing in a potential third Sex and the City movie.

Lily admits that she ‘had too much to drink’ but insists that she was ‘nowhere near blacking out’ when the actor invited her to his nearby home in Greenwich Village so that they could ‘sample his collection of whiskeys’ together.   

The woman – who describes herself as being ‘not super sexually active’ at the time – insists that she did not believe he would try and have sex with her, and that they would just ‘drink whiskey and talk about his acting career’. 

Once inside his ‘amazing’ home, Lily says the pair listened to music and discussed the actor’s collection of art and fashion books, before he began trying to ‘make out with her’. 

Although she says she ‘cautiously entertained’ him, she says that she was hesitant because he is ‘older and looks older’ than her. 

However, Lily says he became more forceful as time went on, claiming that he ‘kept trying and trying and trying’. 

‘I should have said no more firmly and left,’ she said, claiming that ‘the next thing she knew’ he had pulled down her pants and ‘was standing in front of her’, before ‘thrusting his penis into her mouth’.   

She says that she mentioned the fact that he had a wife and child, only for the actor to tell her that ‘marriage is a sham’ and ‘monogamy is not real’. Lily claims Noth then raped her from behind in a chair in front of a mirror. 

Neither Peloton nor HBO Max have yet to address the allegations made against Noth. 

Source: Read Full Article