Strictly Come Dancing’s Motsi Mabuse will miss live shows as she isolates after urgent trip to Germany

Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter

Motsi Mabuse will allegedly miss two live shows of Strictly Come Dancing after going into self-isolation following an "urgent" trip to Germany.

The 39 year old, who recently shared a look into her luxurious home, took to her Instagram feed to break the news to her 436,000 followers.

Sharing a plain white image with writing on it, she said: "Hi guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.[sic]

"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms," following a dancing emoji and two stars emojis.

  • Strictly's HRVY 'struggling to walk' as he opens up on being a 'player' amid Maisie Smith romance rumours

  • Rylan Clark-Neal forced to miss two weeks of Strictly’s It Takes Two after contact with coronavirus

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

Motsi added: "Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up!" with a lips emoji.

The star's representative confirmed the news to OK! Online as they said in a statement: "Motsi had to make an essential journey and will now be isolating for 14 days as per government guidelines.

"We look forward to welcoming her back to the Strictly studio in a few weeks."

It comes as Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were recently forced off the popular TV show after the professional dancer tested positive for Covid-19.

  • Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone

A statement from BBC bosses confirmed the news as it read: "Nicola Adams and Katya Jones are to leave Strictly Come Dancing after Katya tested positive for COVID-19."

It went on to explain that Katya is asymptomatic, however the pair, who made history as the first same-sex couple on the show, are self-isolating separately to ensure they are protecting their fellow co-stars from the deadly virus.

"As part of the protocols outlined ahead of the series, this sadly means they will no longer be able to take part in the competition," it continued.


Inside Strictly star HRVY's family home with impressive TV bed and colour-coordinated wardrobe

Strictly bosses have allegedly been left "furious" by the news. Insiders claim show bosses are looking into how Katya could have contracted the virus and have allegedly insisted she "must have broken the strict guidelines".

According to The Sun Online, the pair trained together on Monday and Tuesday – and Katya tested positive that day.

The source claimed that at least four other member's of the show's crew were now in isolation, too, after they came into contact with Katya.

“The BBC’s top brass are mutinous. Obviously everyone is glad Katya is okay but they put incredibly strict rules in place for a reason – to keep everyone safe. It’s been drummed into everyone that they need to follow protocol at all times – and some are saying that Katya has clearly broken the rules.

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

  • Tom Parker calls Max George a ‘k**bh…
  • Strictly Come Dancing's Nicola Adams…
  • Strictly Come Dancing's Jamie Laing …
  • What happened to Strictly star JJ Ch…
  • Strictly Come Dancing's Aljaz and Janette join a host of celebs supporting the Norwood Annual Dinner

“Katya has been living alone at her flat and people have speculated whether she caught it when she went to grab a sandwich during a break in training.

“The BBC have since spoken to all the celebs and dancers and they’ve been told to bring in packed lunches from now on," they continued.

“Apparently they’re all really paranoid because Katya had no symptoms and it’s a miracle Nicola didn’t get it as they were dancing so closely. The celebs have also all asked their families to isolate as much as possible, and get supermarket deliveries.

“Since they found out at least four people who work on the show have had to go into isolation – and obviously that could increase. It’s basically Strictly’s worst nightmare.” OK! Online have reached out for further comment.

Source: Read Full Article