‘Kenobi’ Series on Disney+ Will Mark a “Dark Time” for the Jedi Master, Director Says

Obi-Wan Kenobi, the six-episode saga in the works at Disney+, has given fans their first look at the series. The video streamed on the company’s Disney Plus Day, offering viewers a look at upcoming shows on the platform, earlier today, November 12.

The teaser takes the form of interviews with the cast and doesn’t include any actual footage from the show. It does however feature quick cuts of the series’ concept art.

Speaking about his portrayal of Obi-Wan, Ewan McGregor shared that the Jedi master “has this one task left, which is to keep Luke [Skywalker] safe.”

“The most beautiful thing of all is that it’s brought me back together with Hayden [Christensen],” he said of co-star Christensen, who will be reprising his role as Darth Vader for the first time since 2005’s Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

“We couldn’t tell the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi without addressing Anakin or Vader,” director Deborah Chow said, expressing her excitement to work with the actors.

For Obi-Wan, the series “is quite a dark time we’re coming into with him,” she continued.

Chow previously directed episodes of another Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian, which is currently filming its third season.

In other entertainment news, 50 Cent may be working on new series about Snoop Dogg’s 1994 murder trial.
Source: Read Full Article