Sara Cox forced to cut off Radio 2 caller as they call Matt Hancock a 'c**t'

A BBC Radio 2 listener branded Matt Hancock a ‘c**t’ in a live call with DJ Sara Cox, leading the broadcaster to apologise.

The caller, introduced as Jesse from Devon, phoned into Sara’s All Request Friday drivetime show and blurted out the four-letter expletive about the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! contestant as he requested a song.

Asked to introduce his song by Sara, the listener said: ‘We’re playing Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen – because Matt Hancock’s a c**t.’

A clearly shocked Sara immediately stepped in, cutting off the caller, and apologised to listeners for the foul language.

She said: ‘OK, so we’ve cut him off there. This is live radio, this kind of thing happens.

‘I can only apologise if you’ve got children listening… huge apologies, it is live, and here’s the song.’

Sara went on to play the smash-hit Queen single following the apology.

The moment proved a source of hilarity online, with listeners flocking to social media to share their thoughts.

One person called it ‘the best thing I’ve heard all year,’ with another claiming the caller was ‘absolutely right.’

Others praised host Sara for her quick action and apology, saying the expletive from the caller was ‘most unfortunate and unnecessary’ and calling the broadcaster an ‘utter pro.’

Hancock, who served as Health Secretary during the Covid-19 pandemic until he was forced to resign for breaking his own social distancing rules by cheating on his wife and kissing a colleague in his office, caused major controversy when he signed on to the 2022 series of I’m A Celebrity.

The public, his constituents, and even his fellow Tory MPs have voiced their anger at the sitting MP taking part in the show, and the politician has had the whip suspended.

Since arriving in the jungle, Hancock has been voted to do multiple Bushtucker trials, having been splashed with slurry, coming face-to-face with spiders and snakes and forced to eat animal parts.

Earlier this week, an aircraft was photographed flying above the I’m A Celeb camp with a massive 35-metre banner that read: ‘Covid bereaved say get out of here!’

A spokesperson for Hancock told Metro.co.uk that he continues to support the Covid inquiry and he’ll continue to meet all the deadlines.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article