NEED a bit of support from your swimwear? You’ve come to the right place.
If the idea of flashing the flesh fills you with dread, fear not: we've found the very best shaping swimwear on the high street that will streamline your silhouette and make you feel amazing this summer.
A post shared by RILEY (@rileyticotin)
You can never underestimate the power of black swimwear to work wonders for your shape. Take it from the pros: model Riley Ticotin loves a black two-piece bikini and shows how a higher brief can look ultra-chic and flattering.
Black is also a classic that you can accessorise in a number of ways and will look great, season after season. Adding a statement bag and summer hat can change up your look in an instant.
Elsewhere, there's a whole host of sculpting fabrics, ruche detailing and amazing prints available online to flatter your body — whether you're looking to smooth your tummy, balance your hips or accommodate a larger bust, there are so many options out there.
Keep on reading to identify your perfect style, in our guide to shaping swimwear…
1. We tested: Sweaty Betty Wave Zip Thru Swimsuit
- Wave Zip Thru Swimsuit, £85 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
You don't have to skimp on style when it comes to full coverage swimwear – just take a look at Sweaty Betty's Wave Zip Thru Swimsuit, featuring an all-over snake print design.
It's lined with power mesh that's there to sculpt and support your figure, with a high zip front, halter-back and UV protection 50+ fabric.
Looking at this swimsuit from a 'control swimwear' perspective, we found that it didn't have a super suction effect when we put it on, although it definitely does define your figure, just in a subtle way through the power mesh.
The main plus with this is definitely the high zip front if you have a larger bust because you feel supported, covered and comfortable wearing it.
It's cut from lovely, softer-than-soft fabric which makes it a fabulous full-coverage beach buy, but you might want something a little thicker if you're after a swimsuit that'll really pull you in.
2. Best swimwear for baby bumps: Seraphine Supportive Maternity Swimming Costume
- Slate Blue Supportive Maternity Swimming Costume, £42 from Seraphine – buy here
Complete with underwired cups that are lightly padded, flattering ruching at the sides and an optional empire belt, the Slate Blue Supportive Maternity Swimming Costume is must-have maternity swimwear.
You can even adjust the straps for comfort, perfect for supporting you as your body changes throughout your nine months of pregnancy.
3. Best bandeau swimwear: Figleaves's Frida Floral Bandeau Tummy Control Swimsuit
- Frida Floral Underwired Bandeau Tummy Control Swimsuit B-G, £55 from Figleaves – buy here
Bandeau swimsuits don't have to be boring – this Figleaves number has a vivid floral print, cute crochet trim, subtle gathering for coverage around the tummy area and detachable halterneck straps to minimise tan lines.
4. Best control swimwear briefs: New Look's Black Spot Lift & Shape High Waist Bikini Bottoms
- Black Spot Lift & Shape High Waist Bikini Bottoms, £12.99 from New Look – buy here
A steal at under £10, New Look's high-waist briefs have a shape-enhancing power mesh to help you feel supported. They're detailed with a waist belt to conceal the tummy and decorated with an on-trend polka dot print to stop them looking too functional. Click here for the matching bikini top to complete the set.
5. Best for bigger busts: Curvy Kate's Maya Black Halterneck Swimsuit
- Maya Black Halterneck Swimsuit, £22 (was £57) from Curvy Kate – buy here
Is it just us, or is DD+ swimwear always so ugly? Curvy Kate's swimsuit is super clever because it has playful cut-outs to show off some skin but it's all underpinned with a solid, underwired bra so that you never forgo support at the bust.
With multiway straps, you can also wear this as normal or tie it in a halterneck—two looks in one, winner!
6. Best tankini: Curvy Kate's Sailor Girl Navy Stripe Balcony Tankini Top
- Sailor Girl Navy Stripe Balcony Tankini Top, £12 (was £44) from Curvy Kate – buy here
The perfect hybrid, a tankini offers you the best of a swimsuit and a bikini; this longline top provides extra coverage, but you can roll it up to make the most of tanning time. Curvy Kate's version has a flattering bra shelf to enhance your bust and waist, while the multi-way straps add to the nautica theme.
7. Best for leg-lengthening: New Look's Black Scoop Back Swimsuit
- Black Scoop Back Swimsuit, £11.24 (was £14.99) from New Look – buy here
Take it from Kim K and opt for a high leg cut to lengthen your limbs. This trend lay dormant for decades before it was revived by British brand Hunza G and, it turns out, it's super flattering on every figure. For those who can't fathom exposing their stomach, this is a totally new way to show some skin.
8. Best for smaller chests: Figleaves's Tuscany Tummy Control Swimsuit
- Figleaves Tuscany Tummy Control Swimsuit, £38 from Simply Be – buy here
For those with a smaller chest, heavy push-up cups are not always the way to go; they tend to fill up with water and actually drag your swimwear down. Instead, embrace your shape with a plunging swimsuit. Larger busts tend to 'spill out' of this style, so it's a great choice for smaller sizes.
This H&M swimsuit solves those problems with removable padding. This version by Figleaves has tummy control and flattering ruched detailing, creating the illusion of the perfect hourglass.
9. Best all-rounder: Boden's Santorini Swimsuit in Yellow, Formica Pink Stripe
- Santorini Swimsuit in Yellow Formica Pink Stripe, £60 from Boden – buy here
This Boden swimsuit is our best all-rounder because it ticks all the boxes. Where do we begin? It's lined with body-sculpting fabric to keep everything in place, has lightly padded cups with a built-in shelf to enhance your bust, and is finished in an amazing brightly coloured stripe that's bang on-trend and will add a splash of colour to your look. Winning.
10. Best bargain: V by Very's Shapewear Swimsuit
- V by Very Shapewear Swimsuit in Pink, £25 from Very – buy here
V by Very's shapewear swimsuit is a bargain because it does so many things at once: it has moulded cups to enhance and support your bust, adjustable straps so that you can control your cleavage and ruched stretch panels offering just the right amount of tummy control. In shocking pink, it's a vibrant choice that will help you stand out for all the right reasons.
Liked our gudie to the best shaping swimwear? Why not check out best bikinis?
We've also rounded up the best swim shorts for men.
And check out Sun Selects Fashion for the latest trends and style tips.
Source: Read Full Article