SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ant Middleton has hit out at the UK version of the show in a scathing rant on Instagram.
The former solider was sacked by Channel 4 after he faced criticism for hitting out at the Black Lives Matter movement and for allegedly making “lewd and suggestive comments” around female cast and crew.
Ant is currently Down Under filming the Australian version of the show and shared a photo of himself holding a large swords infront of his fellow instructors on location in Sydney.
The outspoken star, 40, captioned the photo: "Now you can see exactly what I’ve been fighting against the past couple of years!
"I will always fight for authenticity and against any political agenda forced into my work! I will continue to fight it with a readied sword whilst never being afraid to lead the charge!
"Unfortunately I fought this battle alone and you can clearly see now that I was pushed before I jumped… I am not and never will be a YES man so if you want real, then you know where to come!
"Huge respect and gratitude to @channel7 here in Australia for giving me back control of my show and making BY FAR the toughest and most authentic show on the planet! So proud to be part of the family!"
In March, Ant said he was dropped by Channel 4 after he laid into the show’s bosses for turning SAS: Who Dares Wins into a “reality show".
The former Special Forces soldier said he is "really disappointed" with his former paymasters and that them "butting heads" resulted in him leaving the series.
Ant, 40, said the show – which is based on the brutal SAS selection process to join the elite unit – was not what it was when it started in 2015.
Ant exclusively told The Sun: “I think that ultimately what has happened is that the people that make the show and I have very different opinions on where the show started and where it is going in the future.
“When I started making the show and as I was involved from the beginning, it was very simple and at its core it was to show what Special Forces’ selection was.
“And I am sad to say that in recent years the producers of the show have drifted from this and it has become more of a reality show than I feel comfortable with.
“I have decided to walk away from it, it is clear Channel 4 and I have fallen out over it and that is regretful. I have butted heads with some of the team but ultimately it is out of a passion for what I wanted to do and that’s make the best show possible.”
Ant was informed of the sudden decision just weeks before the latest series is on air and the dad-of-five said the way his exit was handled left him “really disappointed” by the channel and production firm Minnow Films.
Ant leaving the show comes after several high-profile gaffes in the last 12 months.
The veteran resigned from his role as the Royal Navy’s Chief Cadet last summer, after bosses were left unhappy over his now-deleted tweet about Black Lives Matter protests.
He apologised after referring to Black Lives Matter protesters as "absolute scum" as he complained about the "extreme left" and the English Defence League's "extreme right" taking to the streets.
He later said he was "anti-racist and anti-violence" after deleting the tweet.
Ant also hit headlines in March 2020, when posted a “tough-love” video message on social media urging his followers to carry on as normal despite coronavirus.
Channel 4 said it will not work with the decorated war hero again due
to his "personal conduct".
In a statement, the channel said: "It has become clear that our views
and values are not aligned.
"Meanwhile, the show’s bosses are desperately trying to hold onto the remaining celebrity hardmen on SAS: Who Dares Wins, after Ant Middleton sensationally left the show.
SAS trainer Billy Billingham broke his silence last week about Ant's exit – and said he's not "bigger than the show".
The former military man – real name Mark – appeared on Friday's Good Morning Britain to talk about the Australian version of the show.
Source: Read Full Article