Season 4 was in pre-production when accusations were leveled against Clarke by several women
The Noel Clarke-led drama “Bulletproof” has been canceled by U.K. broadcaster Sky following accusations of misconduct made against Clarke by several women last month.
“Sky will not be proceeding with any further series of Bulletproof,” a spokesperson for Sky said in a statement to TheWrap Friday.
The show was in pre-production on its fourth season when accusations were first leveled against Clarke last month, and Sky halted their relationship with the actor. An individual with knowledge tells TheWrap Sky tried to figure out how “Bulletproof” could proceed without star Clarke, but ultimately could not find a creative decision that would allow for them to move forward with the series.
On April 29, The Guardian published a story including accounts rom 20 women who accused the “Bulletproof” actor of sexual harassment, unwanted groping, inappropriate comments made on set, sharing explicit photos and videos without consent and bullying. Clarke denied all allegations except for one, admitting he once made inappropriate comments about one woman.
“In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me. If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize,” Clarke said in a statement to The Guardian at the time. “I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”
Following the accusations, BAFTA suspended Clarke’s membership as well as his recent Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award.
Variety first reported the news that “Bulletproof,” which aired its first three seasons on The CW in the U.S., had been canceled at Sky.
More to come…
Source: Read Full Article