Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
I'm a Celeb bosses fear they could lose big celeb names from their cast this year after the show was forced to move back to Wales from Australia, sources tell OK!
ITV confirmed that the show had been forced to pull plans to return to Australia for this year's show due to Covid travel restrictions.
Ant and Dec will now host the series in Gwrych Castle, after the series took place there last year.
"Bosses are bound to be wary about setting the show in the castle again this year, the main draw for a lot of celebs is the idea of getting out to Australia for a few weeks of sunshine," a source told OK!
"So it's definitely playing on their mind that this decision could affect their cast list. ITV are used to getting the creme de la creme of stars for the show but they're afraid people like former stars Caitlyn Jenner and Stacey Solmon just wouldn't entertain the thought of a cold castle instead of a warm jungle."
The news of the return to Wales was confirmed by ITV as Katie Rawcliffe, ITV Head of Entertainment Commissioning, said: “We can confirm today that we’ll be returning to Wales for the 2021 series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
“We’ve always said we have contingencies in place for the series if the covid situation continued to bring uncertainty, and after a highly successful run at the castle last year we’re pleased that we can return there. I have no doubt the production team will produce another hugely entertaining series.”
Richard Cowles, Director of Unscripted at Lifted Entertainment, which produces the show, added: “With the continued uncertainty around covid and international travel we have taken the decision not to return to our home in Australia for the 2021 series.
“We’re excited to return to Gwrych Castle. The last series was a huge success and we were made to feel so welcome by everyone locally and can’t wait to see everyone again.”
The U-turn decision is said to have been made on Monday 2 August following reports of crunch talks over fears Australia could shut its borders due to the pandemic.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
An insider told The Sun Online: “It is with a heavy heart that I’m A Celebrity won’t be going back to Australia as hoped.
“Everyone working on the show was confident it would pan out but as time has gone on they have been forced to make some tough decisions.
“All the stars had been briefed about going to Australia and work had already started on getting the camp into shape."
“The government gave ITV the green light in March and it was full steam ahead. However the cons started to outweigh the pros and after a crisis meeting this morning they decided they had to revert back.
“The plan is now for all the stars to go to Gwrych castle in Wales.”
For the latest news and updates on I'm a Celeb, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article