Third Strictly Come Dancing professional refuses vaccine as show crisis deepens

A THIRD pro dancer on Strictly has refused to have the Covid jab.

The move has created even further resentment among stars and crew on the BBC One entertainment show.

On Saturday, The Sun revealed two pros had snubbed vaccinations — leaving some celeb contestants reluctant to be paired with them.

The news that another dancer is also unprotected will intensify the unease, particularly as a pro tested positive for Covid last week.

An insider said: “Producers are dreading an outbreak of Covid on the new series, which is a crucial part of the autumn schedule.

"The last series showed how disruptive the virus could be when Katya Jones tested positive and had to leave the competition with partner Nicola Adams. They are taking every possible precaution to make the set as safe as possible, particularly as the studio audience is returning.”

Dancers do not have to disclose whether they are vaccinated as it is a private medical matter and the BBC cannot even ask about it.

The third pro in question is paired with a celeb and others on Strictly know they are not jabbed.

💃Follow our Strictly Come Dancing live blog for all the latest updates

Covid protocols mean the pro dancers must stay at a hotel and pre-record most group numbers.

All the competitors are tested multiple times a week, too. Couples were paired on last Saturday’s launch show and they will dance live this weekend.

The BBC last night said: “Strictly production has, and will continue to, follow strict government guidelines to ensure the safety of all on the show.”

    Source: Read Full Article